27 December 2008

Aboriginal Art


I have always enjoyed Aboriginal Art and even more so since I have been confronted to the amazing collection of the Ian Potter Centre in Melbourne some years back. Now that I am in the Northern Territory there is no better place to acquire a better knowledge of what is going on but also to acquire a few paintings myself. I have started to look around in a few galleries and gather information about the Art on display. Prices can easily go as high as 30 or 40 thousand dollars for some pieces. I am now keeping an eye some paintings from Walangkura Napanangka who belongs to the Pintupi people but who also is part of the famous Papunya Tula school of Artists. She amazingly only started to paint a dozen years ago but her works have already gathered quite an international acclaim. Now if you want to donate a few dollars to help me buy some paintings, feel free to do so :-)

No comments: